The Tribunal is committed to the advancement of the peaceful settlement of law of the sea-related disputes, not only through its contentious or advisory jurisdiction, but also by disseminating information and conducting capacity-building programmes for current and future generations.
The five training programmes currently organized or hosted by the Tribunal are as follows:
- ITLOS-Nippon Foundation Capacity-building and Training Programme for young government officials and researchers
- Internship programme for students and recent graduates
- Summer Academy of the International Foundation for the Law of the Sea for students, researchers, practitioners and young government officials
- Regional workshops for government officials
- ITLOS Workshops for Legal Advisers (sponsored by the Republic of Korea)