Schedule of Hearings
First round of oral argument: 17 – 21 October 2022
Monday, 17 October 2022: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3 – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, 18 October 2022: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Thursday, 20 October 2022: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 3 – 6 p.m.
Friday, 21 October 2022: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Second round of oral argument: 22 – 24 October 2022
Saturday, 22 October 2022: 3 – 6 p.m. (plus one hour if required)
Monday, 24 October 2022: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. (plus one hour if required)
The hearing will take place in the interim courtroom of the Tribunal and is open to the public. In light of the limited availability of seats in the interim courtroom, those wishing to attend the hearing should register as of 4 October as follows: members of the diplomatic and consular corps are requested to contact the Tribunal’s Protocol Office, members of the general public should contact the Press Office and media representatives should submit the online media accreditation form.
The hearing will be broadcast live.
Attending a public sitting
- Public sittings are announced by press release and may be attended by the general public unless the Tribunal decides otherwise or the parties request that the public sitting be closed to the public. The decisions of the Tribunal are read at a public sitting.
- Public sittings take place in one of the three courtrooms of the Tribunal. The main courtroom seats up to 250 people, the smaller courtrooms approximately 50 each. In the event that the courtroom is full, seating can be provided in the rotunda area where the public sitting may be followed on the media wall.
- Public sittings are held in the Tribunal's two official languages, English and French. Simultaneous interpretation into the other language is provided. Headphones are available in the entrance hall of the Tribunal.
- Public sittings generally last from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. with a break from 11:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with a break from 4:30 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Members of the diplomatic and consular corps wishing to attend a public sitting are requested to contact the Tribunal’s Protocol Office. Members of the general public are requested to register with the Press Office. Members of the press are requested to register with the Press Office using the accreditation form.
Requests to attend a public sitting should be sent to the Press Office.
Tel.: +49 40 35607-227
Fax: +49 40 35607-245
- Restricted parking is available for visitors in the car park to the right of the main entrance.
- All visitors must undergo a security check at the entrance and should carry valid proof of identity (passport or identity card).
- Mobile phones should be switched off.
- Those attending public sittings or events at the Tribunal accept that photographs taken or film footage recorded by or on behalf of the Tribunal’s Press Office at the sitting or event may be used by the Tribunal for public relations purposes.
- Unobtrusive audio and video recording of the public sitting is permitted. Filming is subject to special authorization from the Press Office. Facilities are available for radio crews to connect recording equipment directly to the Tribunal’s audio system. Photographs (without flash) may be taken for a few minutes at the opening and at the end of the hearings.
- Headphones are available in the entrance hall of the Tribunal.
- Smoking is not permitted in the building. No food or drink is allowed in the courtroom.
- Anybody causing disruption to the public sitting will be requested to leave the courtroom.